Although this week’s Restitution and Repatriation conference at DePaul was washed out by Hurricane Sandy, another terrific event is on the horizon next week. “Art Law Day” at New York University, hosted by the Appraisers Association of America, will be held on November 9, 2012 at NYU’s Kimmel Center. The condensed schedule from the event’s website is below. Wishing everyone in New York continued safety, we hope to see you there.
- Keynote Address An Introduction to Moral Rights.
- What are Moral Rights? Presenter: Judith Bresler, Withers Bergman, LLP. Intro: Ron Fiamma, Chartis Private Client Group.
- Moral Rights and the Law Moderator: John Cahill, Lynn & Cahill LLP. Panelists: Gloria Velandia, GV Art Conservation; Magdalena Dabrowski, Independent Curator and Art Consultant; and Christiane Fischer, AXA Art Insurance Corporation. Intro: Yuri Yanchyshyn, Period Furniture Conservation, LLC.
- Authenticity Issues and the Law Moderator: Michael Ward Stout, Stout, Thomas & Johnson. Panelists: Peter Stern, McLaughlin & Stern, LLP; Sharon Flescher, IFAR; and Jack Flam, Dedalus Foundation, Inc.; and Judith L. Pearson, ARIS Title Insurance Corporation. Intro: Jane C. H. Jacob, AAA, Jacob Fine Art.
- Art Financing and the Law Moderator: Christopher A. Marinello, The Art Loss Register. Panelists: Amy J. Goldrich, Lynn & Cahill; Elizabeth von Habsburg, Winston Art Group; Nicola Walter, J.P. Morgan Securities. Intro: Dorit Straus, Chubb Group of Insurance Companies LLP.
- Philanthropy and the Law Moderator: Ralph Lerner, Withers Bergman, LLP. Panelists: Holland Dunn, Aurora Advisory Group; Donn Zaretzky, John Silberman Associates; and Karin Gross, IRS. Intro: Ella Newman, ETN Associates.
- Art Law Day Reception, Rosenthal Pavilion.